Why complete a Fire Warden Training course?
To enable the nominated Fire Warden to be effective in the event of a Fire emergency and structured throughout their ongoing roles to prevent a fire from occurring and encourage occupants to be fire safety aware.
Why does your organisation need Fire Warden Training?
Because in the event of a fire, trained fire wardens are essential in minimising the risk of serious injury or death during evacuation. They are also crucial to ensuring that the premises is assessed regularly for fire prevention/safety, that other occupants/employees are using good practise to avoid a fire occurring and to minimise the risk of fire spreading/escape routes being compromised.
We conduct Fire Warden training online via Zoom.
We recommend online training for individuals or small groups of people.
Benefits of online training:
- No travel required
- Easy to book & pay
The cost of online training is £55+VAT per attendee (bookable on Eventbrite – link below)
We offer onsite classroom-based training tailored to your business.
We recommend onsite training for groups of up to 12 people.
Benefits of onsite training:
- Bespoke training centred on your business
- Includes a review of your emergency plan and fire safety policy
- Fire extinguisher training
- A practice evacuation drill (if appropriate)
Onsite training is for a maximum of 12 people.
Additional sessions can be arranged if more places are required.
0808 252 4702
Fire Warden Training from the experts.
Who provides your training?
Our trainer has over 20 years of experience managing fire safety for several companies, including the prison service. Their qualifications include NEBOSH General and Fire Safety certificates, practical fire investigation, BAFE Fire Extinguisher training and a City & Guilds in delivering learning.
The training includes an interactive assessment for attendees, ensuring that the information delivered has been understood. All attendees who achieve a pass rate of 70% or more will be issued a certificate showing they’ve reached a level of competence to be a Fire Warden. The certificate will be issued with the pass mark.
During the 3 hour (4 for onsite) session, the training will cover the following subjects:
- Describe when and how to raise the alarm
- Describe when and how you could tackle a fire
- State the correct method of evacuating premises
- Illustrate the role of the nominated fire warden in both an emergency and non-emergency fire situation
- List the principles of and reasons for zoning buildings for emergency evacuations
- List the features of a typical fire door and protected means of escape route
- State the intended use of portable hand-held fire extinguishers
- Explain how to prepare a fire extinguisher for use
Delegates will receive a copy of the course notes in advance and a certificate upon completion (if the pass rate has been achieved).
The benefits of conducting the course at your place of work.
The trainer can review your emergency plan and fire safety policy and how this is communicated to your employees to help enhance the management of fire safety procedures and policies. This can help to ensure a speedy and efficient safe evacuation of your area in an emergency.
Fire exit points
Fire fighting equipment
& assembly points
If there are persons working in remote areas or with physical or sensory disabilities, this can be covered within the course.
0808 252 4702
For more availability information, please call.
Place of work vs training centres
There are huge benefits to conducting Fire Warden training in-house.
- Existing Fire Wardens can access refresher training easily
- Typical training centre sessions are a full day. Our onsite course is only 3-4 hours
- No travel costs
- More cost-effective
Onsite Fire Warden Training
Complete this quick enquiry form, and we’ll be in touch to discuss your requirements.