Who needs a Fire Risk Assessment?
You must ensure that you have an up to date Fire risk assessment.
Under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, and the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and the associated Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, the responsible person/duty holder must carry out a fire safety risk assessment and implement and maintain a fire management plan.
Failure to carry this out could result in a fine, imprisonment, or both.
The law applies to you if you are:
- Landlord responsible for business premises
- An employer or self-employed with business premises
- A charity or voluntary organisation with employees/volunteers
- A contractor with a degree of control over any premises
- Premises providing accommodation for paying guests – Hotels/B&B’s/Holiday cottages
- A residential property with any communal/shared area
- Landlord of a House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO)
- Any premises which is open to the public/consumers – eg Restaurants/Retail units/pubs/gyms
- Educational buildings – schools/universities/nurseries
- Medical facilities – Care homes/Doctors/dentists
This list is not definitive/exhaustive, therefore if you’re unsure if you require a Fire Risk assessment, please contact us for help/advice or your local fire/council authority, will also be able to advise.
Did you know… The full name of the Fire Safety Law is the ‘Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005’ (known as the Regulatory Reform Order (RRO)). For official government advice please refer to:
Don’t be negligent!
Failing to carry out a specialist fire safety risk assessment means you’re negligent in your fire safety responsibilities which can have serious legal repercussions
Always keep people safe
By conducting a Fire Risk Assessment, you are making sure that the risks of fire are as low as possible and the danger to residential tenants is minimised.
Our Fire Risk Assessments start from only
and they all include...
- Fire risk assessment carried out onsite by a qualified Fire risk assessor
- A Fire risk assessment report
- A Fire safety policy template /Emergency Plan template, where required
- A log book
- We also provide 12 months access to Basic online Fire safety training. This is available to ALL employers who have a Fire risk assessment carried out by ourselves. It can also be made available as a standalone product for a set fee.
If you would like to confirm your price or discuss your premises in more detail, please call our knowledgeable staff, who have many years’ experience and can guide/ provide a quote and book your assessment.
*Prices vary depending upon the size of the properties.
Reduce your Fire Risks with a Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Experienced, recommended & approved fire risk assessors
Single or multi-site fire risk assessments
Any type of building
Stay compliant with the fire safety law